We’ve all had mornings where we’ve either woken up too early or not had a good night’s sleep. And we all know what that feels like. Here’s what you could do if the crankiness lingers on too long, or begins to feel unpleasant.
- Avoid interacting with people while cranky. Those who know you well enough will understand and keep a distance. If your child decides to suddenly bombard you with demands gently explain to him or her that you need a little time out to find your calm and hopefully he/she will understand.
- Time Out. Yes just concentrate on doing things which relax you. I find soothing music helps take the edge off a cranky morning within minutes. Sometimes a brisk walk or a jog helps release the energy.
- Help someone who’s struggling with a difficult time. It could be an encouraging message. A prayer. A plan to meet up. Just step into their shoes. Empathy between two people brings positive energy almost instantly.
- Express yourself. Write out what’s bothering you. Doodle or colour. The act of expression releases pent up feelings in a safe and peaceful way.
- Bergamot, Ylang Ylang and Orange are a few essential oils you can burn in the room or apply to your pulse points for a sense of calm and wellbeing.
Remember crankiness doesn’t last. And if we handle it with conscious awareness, the feelings do eventually subside and peace reigns again.
Copyright Mita Bhan. All Rights Reserved.