You’re doing too many things at once and everything is important. What happens? You’re putting your mind and body under stress and if you’re not feeling it in your body (rapid heartbeat, shoulder pain) you’re expressing it (irritability, fears of not being able to complete things on time) Whatever is happening is happening and you cannot take your mind off the discomfort. Being overwhelmed is part of anxiety and can be easily controlled before it gets too much to handle.
1. Accept that you have tons to do. Make a list. Calmly tell yourself to focus on the priority items.
2. Take deep breaths, knowing that you are capable of handling whatever comes your way, calmly and efficiently. Meditate with self belief.
3. Exercise. The best way to release endorphins and declutter your brain.
4. Distract yourself temporarily, do something to relax yourself – listen to music, talk to a friend, have a long bath.
5. Healing crystals like Blue Lace Agate, Rose Quartz, Aquamarine and even Black tourmaline help soothe and ground you – they can be worn as jewellery or held in your palm while meditating or breathing deeply. Remember to wash your healing crystals after every use.
6. Say no to the time wasters and unecessary demands put on you. Setting boundaries allows you to focus on yourself and bringing back that calm.
Remember feeling overwhelmed is only a temporary state. It will pass.
Copyright Mita Bhan. All Rights Reserved.