At some level everyone is suffering. Whether it’s the loss of a loved one. Or a loss of a job. Or the incessant gnawing in the pit of the stomach. Covid 19 has affected all of us deeply. But the force that seems to be far stronger than the suffering is the acts of compassion displayed by people in uncertain times across the world.
Acts of sheer generosity. Acts of caring for the community. Acts of caring for the street animals. Kind words, actions and support in difficult times which have brought people closer, restored faith and made us all feel a little better. Going beyond yourself to offer help, support, encouragement, a hand helps in bringing in a sense of wellbeing.
Tara Parker-Pope author of the book “The Science of Helping Out” says, “During a crisis, the people who cope best are those who help others.” The act of giving makes us feel not only better but in a small yet significant way, it raises the positive vibrations in this world, especially now.
What kind of acts of compassion can you extend in the lockdown?
- Sponsor meals for migrant workers.
- Pay salaries to your part time helpers. Find out if they need anything and help them with food supplies.
- Sponsor meals for street animals and animal sanctuaries.
- Call a friend that you haven’t spoken to for a while
- Tell a family member how much you love and appreciate them
- Tell someone you know why you are thankful for them
- Send a motivational text to a friend who is struggling
- Send someone you know a joke to cheer them up
- Reach out to call a friend, family member or neighbour who is experiencing loneliness or self-isolation
- Donate to a charity.
- Lend your ear – call a colleague and ask how they’re finding the change in routine
- Donate to foodbanks
- Offer to send someone a takeaway or a meal.
Since March 2020 Free Distant Reiki Healing for Coronavirus Patients. Just email the patient’s name and location to email@example.com. Tarot Readings and Reports with special concessions for people facing job loss due to the Covid19 Pandemic.